STEVE'S LAWN AND LANDSCAPING SERVICE, INC.
YARD AND LANDSCAPING INFO
The months of SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER are perfect for getting your yard in shape for the winter. Here are a few things that should be done.
1) LAWN MOWING: Cutting your lawn weekly, to a height of 2 to 3 inches, with a sharp blade, is essential to having a beautiful thick lawn.
2) LAWN AERATION: Removing plugs of soil from your lawn stimulates deep root growth, helps fertilizers penetrate the soil faster, and aids in loosening up compacted soil. It is also a great time to overseed your lawn.
3) FERTILIZER: Apply a well-balanced lawn fertilizer and lime, spot spray for crab grass.
4) DEER TICK SPRAY: Now is the time to spray the perimeter of the property and the brush along the edge of woods for ticks. They love the fallen leaves - they hide in them, lay eggs in them and wait patiently until you walk by so they can jump on you for a blood meal.
5) SEEDING: It's time to repair any lawn damage from this summer's growing season.
6) FALL FLOWERS: Now is the time to pick out your mums for fall and to plan garden changes for next season. Also, this is a good time to split certain perennials and decorative grasses.
7) SHRUBS: If you haven't already had your shrubs pruned, this is your last chance. Heavy snows and coatings of ice often weigh down overlong branches and may permanently damage valuable shrubs. It's also a great time to install new shrubs - just make sure they are well watered until the ground freezes. Finally, all shrubs benefit from deep root feeding and an application of Winter Protect.
STEVE'S LANDSCAPING WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU WITH ANY OF THESE SERVICES, OR ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. Please email - firstname.lastname@example.org.